Thursday 24 April 2014

Rick St Dennis

Brown sugar challenge   25th April 

This weeks sponsor is :

The image i choose was my little chickadee

I wasn't sure what colours i was going to use, 
 i decided not to go down the traditional Easter colours.
as the image said Easter to me.

I selected a few pastel colours for the egg and browns for the bird.

I used apricot, pale blue and pale pink & caramel  & tan
plus grass for the grass !

I found a sheet of double sided card that worked for the image and cut it in half so i could use both sides.
I cut a piece big enough for the image,then i cut the other piece so it would matt on to the A5 card blank.
I decided to matt both of them on to  a piece of silver mirror board,  I cut a piece big enough to fit the larger bit,  then  gutted the middle so i had a bit to matt on to the smaller bit. 

Then i die cut a "tree of wonder"  tattered lace die to add at the side.
To finish off the card i used a piece of the doubled sided card that was left over and also mounted it on to silver mirror card, and added a piece of a sentiment strip.

Hope you like my creation
Thanks for stopping by and having a look at my blog
Mel

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful such soft pretty colours you have used, I did smile when you said you had gutted the big piece of mirri, done that before. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card the bird is so sweet xxxx

    ReplyDelete