Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Just fishing

Creative movements Challenge 31
27th November
Anything Goes/
 
Our sponsor is
A Day For Daisies

I choose an image of a little boy fishing


 
I printed out the image and used my distressed inks to make the background
look like he was sat fishing on the edge of a river.   And added a die cut tree.
I used powder, pastel and denim blues for the dungarees, 
and a mix of cool greys for the pot and worms,
and mounted it in a piece of blue card stock.
 
I then cut out some other dies ( a fisherman and a fish corner)
 
I decided to stick with natural colours and choose a sheet of A4 kraft card folder in half as a base,
I then raided my scrapbooking papers and found the backing paper and ripped it to fit the area
I wanted it to cover, and the mounted the image on the front.
 
I finished it off with a tag coloured with the same inks as I have used for the back ground of  the image  (shabby shutters & salty ocean)
 
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog,  please come back again soon
 
and see what new challenges /  creations I have made

  Mel
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and image, great colors and love the design. Thank you for a great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya I have loved looking round your pretty blog, Your card is lovely I love the colours you have used. Thank you so much for taking part in our first challenge at Crafting from the Heart. I hope to see you next time. hugs Sharon xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shading you added to your background papers, this is really a cute image! I spotted your blog via Sweet Stamps! Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card thankyou for joining our first challenge at Crafting from the heart challenge blog good luck fiona (DT-Co-owner)

    ReplyDelete