Thursday 26 September 2013

The Stamping Chef vs Simply Betty Stamps #2 Bite me

For this challenge  I picked the TSC image to use ...  "Bite me"
The image it not one I would normally use, but I like to challenge myself to use different images..

The latest thing I am doing in my challenges, is challenging myself to use the pile of papers
I have that have come out of old craft magazines,
and use their colours as an inspiration for the colours I use to colour the image.
 
I found some papers that were green with pink roses, the reverse side was plain green.
 
I covered the card blank with the roses, and then mounted a strip of the green on to a piece of black card, and the stuck to the middle of the card. 
I wasn't sure what colours to use for the hair / top, but as I had use the black card, I decided to use black for the hair, and a lighter shade (grey) grey for her top.
The colours I used were
Skin:  vanilla, satin & almond
Hair:  Black & cool grey 4 & 5.
Top :  Cool grey 1,2 & 3
Roses:  Fuchsia & carnation pink.
I went around the edges of the skulls and web with cool grey 1.
 
Once coloured in, I cut the image out using a oval die and then cut a mat out of black card.
  
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog,  please come back again soon
and see what new challenges /  creations I have made
  Mel 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment