Thursday 22 May 2014

Brown Sugar 23rd may


Over at Brown Sugar Challenges this week our sponsor is 


I choose an images of some houses.
I decided it would make a great new home card.

when i had coloured the image it looked a bit "flat", 
 so i decided to do a squeeze type card.
I then coloured the image again, and this time cut it into three. 
I mounted the first image onto a piece if coloured paper.

To colours i used for the image were:
Cyan, Pastel Blue, & Cool Aqua
Grass,  Cool Grey & Cinnamon.

To make the squeeze bit  (Front panel ) I
 cut a a piece of card that was a wide as the image plus 6 cms, and 5cms deep.
I scored the ends at 1,2 & 3cms in from each end,
 the last bit became the tab to attach to the back of the card.
And cut an extra strip (bar) but only 1 cm at each end, this becomes the bit the bigger of the houses is attached to and is attached to the side bits.


Once i had attached the "squeezey" bit,  I then matted the image on to the back of the card,
The matted some of the matching backing papers to the front panel. 
 and then stuck the big house to the bar, and the other two to the front, of the card.

I decided it need something else  so i drew a path on to the a piece of card.
I wasn't sure how to colour it etc,  and in the end decided on zen-tangling it.

Hope you like my creation

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog,  please come back again soon

and see what new challenges /  creations I have made

  Mel


1 comment:

  1. Clever card Mel...love the scene you made..its really love with 3D look...the one who get this card must be smile...its a sweet and clever card Mel....I am joining at Brown Sugar challenge my card is #111 if you maybe wanna see mine...maybe you would like to hop to my blog....would be glad if you could leave me some love too...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete