Saturday 28 September 2013

Stamp N Doodle

I have recently been invited to join the DT over at Stamp N Doodle

The challenges over at the Stamp N Doodle this month were :
 
11th September : Spots N stripes
18th September :  Stitching - Real or faux
25th September : In the garden
 
We were given 3 images to choose from.
   Cry Babies,    You're Joking right!   and  I dressed all by myself
 
When I first looked at the images,  I thought of what papers I could use, then I remembered, I have a pile of papers that have come out of the centre of craft magazine, so I challenged myself to use them for these challenges.
 
I decided to use  "I dressed all by myself"  for Spots and Stripes.
First I found the papers and tried to pull some colours from the backgrounds.
I covered half the card blank with the spots and the other  half with the spots.
Then a sprit of black card across the join, which I also mounted the image on
                       
                                 
The colours I used for this one where:
Skin : vanilla, satin & almond.
The Tutu: Bright orange, peach and honeycomb
The top and leggings were: Gold, pastel yellow & sunflower.
 
 
I used the cry babies image for Stitching - Real or Faux.
 
I found some blue gingham papers and a contrasting blue paper.
I mounted a piece of the gingham into a grey card blank.
I took inspiration for the colours from the papers.
 
The colours I used :
Skin : vanilla, satin & almond
For the dresses :Powder blue, pearl blue & denim
& sky blue, cyan and Artic blue
Boots: Indigo blue
seat:  mint & pastel green
 
After colouring the image I matted it onto the blue paper and then on to a piece of green card.
I then added Faux stitching around all the layers. 
and finished off with a sentiment mounted on to a circle of the green card.
 
 
In the Garden  -the image I used was  You're Joking right!
I searched through my papers and found some with flowers in which said in the garden to me.
one sheet also have a flower and butterfly on it.
Again I decided to use the colours in the papers as inspiration for the colours
 
 
The colours I used for this one where :
 Skin : vanilla, satin & almond
Dress : Peach Gold & Pastel yellow.
 
I mattered the border on to the bottom half of the Kraft card,
and then added a piece of contrasting green to the top part.  
then matted the image on to a piece of green card
and then onto a piece of Kraft card.  
The image was then stuck onto the front of the card. 
To finish off,  I added the butterfly and the flower,
which i added a gem to the middle. 
To finish it off i added a butterfly shaped gem to the girls hair
 
 
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog,  please come back again soon
and see what new challenges /  creations I have made
  Mel
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment